10 Tips for Your Fall Estes Park Wedding
As the leaves start to change colors, you might be busy coordinating colors for your fall wedding! If you're planning a Colorado wedding, here are ten tips to make your process a bit easier:
- Look for discounts: It never hurts to ask your vendors for savings on flowers, catering, or decorations. Vendors may also offer discounts on using local and in-season items.
- Prepare for weather: The fall colors against the Rocky Mountains makes for beautiful wedding photos, but being Colorado the weather can change in an instant. Prepare your guests ahead of time so they can pack accordingly and consider having space heaters if you’re planning an outdoor ceremony.
- Use creative centerpieces: There are a variety of ways to include a fall feel into your tables’ centerpieces. Try decorating with pumpkins and amber candles or reflect the outdoors with woodsy ornaments and lanterns.
- Be bold: We love fall because of the changing leaves and the beautiful hues they bring and you can mirror that in your floral arrangements. Don’t be afraid of bold color schemes: orange and black, crimson and gold, pink, purple and orange, or whatever color catches your eye.
- Serve fall favorites: A new trend during the reception is to have a candy or dessert bar instead of serving wedding cake and you can serve all the tasty treats of fall such as, candy apples, pumpkin pie, apple tarts, cookies, or for the daring, a trick-or-treat candy bar!
- Go natural: Get the most out of your location by having an outdoor ceremony! Enjoy the cooler temperatures and stunning natural beauty of the sunset over the mountains. The romantic natural lighting will complement you ceremony.
- Try rustic: Estes Park still retains some of that Old West feel and offers a great location for those wanting a rustic wedding. We love seeing brides walk down the aisle in their cowboy boots and seeing how creative brides can be when it comes to decorations and flowers.
- Find fun photo props: Falling leaves gives you the opportunity to get fun photos of you and your loved one under falling leaves, probably some thrown by your family or wedding party, and photos with cute props. Ask your photographer for some suggestions, but we’d recommend pumpkins or the classic wedding bands on a colorful leaf.
- Provide beverage options: We’re not suggesting skipping the champagne or sparkling cider for a festive feeling, but incorporating warm beverages to your reception will not only keep your guests happy and cozy but also adds to the ambiance. Try using mulled ciders, hot chocolate, or give a nod to Starbucks and offer pumpkin flavored coffees.
- Return the favor: Nature gave you a beautiful backdrop for your ceremony; now, return the favor by giving your wedding guests tree seedlings, like these from the Green World Project. Not only a great reminder of your wedding, but also great for the environment.
If you want more information on planning an Estes Park wedding or elopement, please feel free to contact us about your Colorado wedding. Our Group Coordinator, Laura, is happy to help. She can be reached at 800-476-6293.