Ten Reasons to Spend Spring Break in Estes Park
Estes Park is perfect for traveling families and adventurous families on the move. Come to Estes Park for spring break and see what the Rockies have to offer! We put together a list of ten spring-time Estes Park activities to take advantage of during your spring break:
- Mini golf: What better way to kick off spring than celebrating a hole-in-one? Our local favorite mini golf course is Tiny Town with the most affordable rates around at just $3 per person!
- Swimming: Warmer weather means one thing: It’s time to head to the pool! Our Fawn Valley Inn, Timber Creek Chalets, and Marys Lake Vacation Condos have outdoor heated pools that open Memorial Day weekend but if the kids can’t wait to jump in the water, there is indoor swimming available at the Estes Park Aquatic Center.
- Hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park: Make your vacation dollars go further this spring by visiting the park April 18 – 19 when admission is free in honor of National Park Week’s opening weekend.
- Golf: Get your spring swing on at any of our Estes Park golf courses! We won’t blame you if you get distracted by the glorious mountain scenery and have to take a mulligan.
- Wildlife watching: Not only is this activity free, it’s a great kid-friendly activity. Wildlife is known to wander around Estes Park, so please be on the lookout on the road. We’ve had many guests send us photos of the animals that are stopping by to say hello!
- Duck Race: Cheer on your adopted duck on May 2nd for the 27th Annual Estes Park Duck Race! Ninety-five percent of the proceeds benefit local charities or organizations and many local stores offer prizes valued at $20 or more during the event. Each duck adoption is $20 ($21 for online adoptions) and there are 61 Estes Park organizations you can choose to have your money go to.
- Horseback riding: Explore our beautiful mountain terrain and enjoy the warming weather from atop your trusty steed! Horseback riding is a fun activity for everyone in the family and makes for a great photo op!
- Bowling: Need an activity for nighttime but don’t want to have to bundle up? Head over to Chipper’s Lanes for a night of bowling! They have eight lanes so we recommend calling them at (970) 586-8625 for availability prior to heading over.
- Art Market: Every Memorial Day weekend Estes Park is taken over by the Art Market, offering a variety of fine arts and crafts that include ceramics, paintings, wood, stained glass, jewelry, and more.
- Shop till you drop: Whether you need gifts for friends and family or simply want to collect some unique Colorado souvenirs, shopping is a main activity in downtown Estes Park. From apparel to sporting gear, you’ll find everything you need in the shops. You won’t go wrong taking the little ones with you, though just make sure you don’t leave them by the taffy or chocolate shops for too long or they might have a late bedtime!
Whether you want a relaxed family vacation in a cozy cabin or are seeking some great Colorado adventure, you can’t go wrong with a visit to Estes Park for your spring break vacation. We invite you to view our cabins and condos or share your favorite spring break memory on our Facebook page!