All Rocky Mountain Resorts reservations are secured with a deposit equal to your first night's stay or 30%, whichever is greater. The balance is due on arrival. We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, and Discover cards. Personal checks are not accepted.
Guests are responsible for payment of all nights reserved regardless of actual arrival or departure date. If you anticipate a late arrival, please notify us. The full amount of your reservation will be charged to your credit card on the day of your arrival and directions to your unit and your key will be made available to you.
Check-in starts at 3:00 p.m. at all of our locations. Check-out time is 10:00 a.m.
To provide the lowest rates possible, and for your comfort, there are no provisions for daily housekeeping. Towels and linens may be exchanged during office hours anytime throughout your stay at the front desk. Soaps, paper products and other amenities may be restocked at the front desk at no charge.
Requests to cancel or change an existing reservation may be submitted using one of the two methods below and must be confirmed by Rocky Mountain Resorts:
- Use our online request form » click here
- Reply to your original email confirmation
If you have questions or are unable to use one of the above methods, call
(800) 497-1105 for assistance.
Reservation cancellation requests are processed according to our standard cancellation policy:
- If notice of cancellation is given at least 30 days prior to your arrival date, your deposit will be refunded, minus $25.00 ($50.00 for units that sleep six or more).
- For cancellations between 7 and 30 days before arrival, your deposit will be held as a cancellation fee. If we are able to rebook your reservation at the same rate, we will refund your deposit, minus $25.00 ($50.00 for units that sleep six or more).
- For cancellations less than 7 days before arrival, you will be charged the full amount of your reservation. If we are able to rebook your reservation at the same rate, we will refund your payment for all nights rebooked, minus $25.00 ($50.00 for units that sleep six or more).
Winter - Most units have fireplaces … either gas or wood … in addition to baseboard heaters or electric wall heaters. Daytime high temperatures average 40° in December, January and February.
Summer – Most units at Marys Lake Vacation Condos have air conditioning. Units at our other properties include circulating fans. Summers are warm but rarely uncomfortably hot, cooled by frequent afternoon showers. Morning low temperatures average 42 ° in June, 47 ° in July, and 45 ° in August for comfortable open-window evenings.
Estes Park has a cool but pleasant climate tempered by its altitude and location on the east slope of the Front Range. The low humidity also helps keep the environment feeling cool. During most of the winter the daytime temperature is above freezing, and snow usually melts within a couple of days.
Hot Tub Policy
Many units at Rocky Mountain Resorts have personal-use hot tubs. Please review our hot tub policy for maximum safety and enjoyment:
- Hot tubs are not recommended for children under 12, persons with heart disease or other cardiovascular conditions, diabetes, high blood pressure, or pregnant women. Anyone taking medications should consult their physician before soaking in a hot tub. For your safety, limit your hot tub use to no more than 20 minutes at a time. Excessive drinking of alcohol at high altitudes while using a hot tub can be hazardous to your health.
- Children under 16 years old are not permitted to use the hot tub unless accompanied by an adult. The adult must be in the hot tub with the child. The hot tub is not to be used as a play area.
- Extended use for periods of greater than 45 minutes may lead to overheating which will cause the hot tub to shut down or not work properly.
- Put the cover on, and turn the jets off, when the hot tub is not being used. This keeps the water warm and debris out. Hot tub covers are very costly. Do not walk on, sit on, or abuse them.
- Your hot tub is for your exclusive use, but it is not secluded. Therefore, it is required that you wear appropriate swimwear when using your hot tub.
- Always shower before and after use of the hot tub to minimize health risks and keep the hot tub clean for everyone’s enjoyment. The hot tub is not a bath tub.
- Do not add anything to the water such as bubble bath, shampoo, body lotions, oils, floating candles, etc.
- Glass containers and candles are not permitted in or around the hot tub area.
- Your hot tub will be checked each day between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. as part of our daily hot tub maintenance.
Lazy R Cottages, Timber Creek Chalets and Triple R Cottages have designated pet-friendly units. If you are going to bring your pet with you on vacation, please review our pet policy for maximum enjoyment for you, your pet, and our other guests:
- Pets are not allowed on properties that do not have pet-friendly units.
- Pets are only allowed in units specifically designated as pet-friendly.
- Only mature (at least one year old), well-trained, reliable, house-broken pets are accepted.
- Owners must immediately notify the office if their pet has an “accident” (urine, feces, vomit). Prompt cleaning minimizes damage.
- Any pet left unsupervised in a cabin must be kept in a kennel. Pets may not be tied up or chained outside the cabin.
- Estes Park leash law requires that all dogs must be kept on a leash at all times when outside, and be accompanied by the owner.
- Owners must clean up after their pet. Waste bags are provided at the front desk.
- Owners whose pets like to climb or sleep on furniture must bring and use their own couch or chair cover.
- No barking, howling, or whining is allowed at any time.
- Pets must be kept inside when elk or deer are on the property.
- Pets must be registered at check-in.
- There will be a non-refundable charge of $15 per pet, per day, with a maximum of two pets allowed per unit.