Estes Park, Colorado Lodging & Resort Policies
Work and study with a view!
If you can’t find what you’re looking for on our website, call us for current availability.
Effective 10/20/21, the Larimer County Department of Health has issued a public health order requiring that face coverings be worn in all public indoor spaces in Larimer County (which includes all of Estes Park). Please wear a mask or face covering whenever you enter our office or other public indoor areas, including hallways and community rooms. Thank you!
All Rocky Mountain Resorts reservations are secured after receiving a Rental Agreement and a deposit of 50%. The Rental Agreement is sent by email when a booking is made and it is a simple e-form. Allow 30 minutes for your Rental Agreement to arrive. (The email will be sent from ‘firstname.lastname@example.org.’ – check your spam folder.) The balance is due 14 days before arrival and that payment is automatic – no action is required on the part of the guest. We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, and Discover cards.
Check-in starts at 4:00 p.m. at all of our locations. Check-out time is 10:00 a.m.
To provide the lowest rates possible, and for your comfort, there are no provisions for daily housekeeping. Towels and linens may be exchanged during office hours anytime throughout your stay at the front desk. Soaps, paper products and other amenities may be restocked at the front desk at no charge.
CHANGES TO A BOOKING:
Change or cancellation requests may be made submitting a change form on this website (click here to access the form). Cancellations will be processed according to our cancellation policy as described below.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
Cancellation of booking at any time after you submit your rental agreement is subject our cancellation policy as follows:
- Cancellation of booking within the 14-day period prior to check-in will result in forfeiture of the entire rental amount.
- Cancellation of booking between 14 and 30 days prior to check-in will result in forfeiture of the rental deposit, or 50% of the rental amount, whichever is higher.
- Cancellation of booking more than 30 days prior to check-in will incur a cancellation fee of $25.00 for units that sleep less than six people or $50.00 for units that sleep six or more people.
- Changes to reservation dates, reducing the number of days of a reservation, or requests to change to a smaller unit are considered a cancellation of reservation and may be subject to our cancellation policy described above. All requests for changes are reviewed by a manager and will receive prompt attention.
Refund of monies paid for rental and services will be made under the following circumstances: (1) If, on the day that the rental is scheduled to begin, the property is unfit for habitation and no equivalent substitute can be obtained, or the property is not reachable by the usual means of transportation, or access to the property by visitors has been prohibited by authorities; or (2) The unit is re-booked for the same time period and at the same rate of initial booking. If a portion of the rental time is re-booked, a pro-rata refund will be made. All refunds, whether in whole or pro-rata, will be subject to a fee of $25.00 for units that sleep less than six people or $50.00 for units that sleep six or more people. To protect against cancellations caused by certain unforeseen events, such as illness, death, natural disasters, etc., we recommend that guests purchase third-party trip cancellation insurance.
Fawn Valley Inn is a non-smoking property. Smoking is not permitted in any unit or anywhere on the property of Fawn Valley Inn. At all other properties, smoking is not permitted in any unit. Smoking of tobacco is permitted outdoors and away from adjoining doors and windows. In accordance with Estes Park law, it is unlawful to openly display, consume or use marijuana anywhere on our properties. Smoking in any unit will result in a unit recovery fee which is a minimum charge of $250.00.
Winter – Most units have fireplaces … either gas or wood … in addition to baseboard heaters, electric wall heaters or central heating. Daytime high temperatures average 40° in December, January and February.
Summer – Most resort properties in Estes Park do not have air conditioning. Our nights are cool even during the warmest days. All units are equipped with fans and cool down quickly with open windows and our fresh mountain breeze.
Estes Park has a cool but pleasant climate tempered by its altitude and location on the east slope of the Front Range. The low humidity also helps keep the environment feeling cool. During most of the winter the daytime temperature is above freezing, and snow usually melts within a couple of days.
Hot Tub Policy
Many units at Rocky Mountain Resorts have personal-use hot tubs. Please review our hot tub policy for maximum safety and enjoyment:
- Hot tubs are not recommended for children under 12, persons with heart disease or other cardiovascular conditions, diabetes, high blood pressure, or pregnant women. Anyone taking medications should consult their physician before soaking in a hot tub. For your safety, limit your hot tub use to no more than 20 minutes at a time. Excessive drinking of alcohol at high altitudes while using a hot tub can be hazardous to your health.
- Children under 16 years old are not permitted to use the hot tub unless accompanied by an adult. The adult must be in the hot tub with the child. The hot tub is not to be used as a play area.
- Extended use for periods of greater than 45 minutes may lead to overheating which will cause the hot tub to shut down or not work properly.
- Put the cover on, and turn the jets off, when the hot tub is not being used. This keeps the water warm and debris out. Hot tub covers are very costly. Do not walk on, sit on, or abuse them.
- Your hot tub is for your exclusive use, but it is not secluded. Therefore, it is required that you wear appropriate swimwear when using your hot tub.
- Always shower before and after use of the hot tub to minimize health risks and keep the hot tub clean for everyone’s enjoyment. The hot tub is not a bath tub.
- Do not add anything to the water such as bubble bath, shampoo, body lotions, oils, floating candles, etc.
- Glass containers and candles are not permitted in or around the hot tub area.
- Your hot tub will be checked each day between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. as part of our daily hot tub maintenance.
Lazy R Cottages, Timber Creek Chalets, Sunnyside Knoll Resort and Triple R Cottages have designated dog-friendly units (no other pets are permitted). If you are going to bring your dog with you on vacation, please review our dog policy for maximum enjoyment for you, your dog, and our other guests:
- Dogs are not allowed on properties that do not have dog-friendly units.
- Dogs are only allowed in units specifically designated as dog-friendly.
- Only mature (at least one year old), well-trained, reliable, house-broken dogs are accepted. No other pets are allowed.
- Owners must immediately notify the office if their dog has an “accident” (urine, feces, vomit). Prompt cleaning minimizes damage.
- Any dog left unsupervised in a cabin must be kept in a kennel. Dogs may not be tied up or chained outside the cabin.
- Estes Park leash law requires that all dogs must be kept on a leash at all times when outside, and be accompanied by the owner.
- Owners must clean up after their dog. Waste bags are provided at the front desk.
- Owners whose dogs like to climb or sleep on furniture must bring and use their own couch or chair cover.
- No barking, howling, or whining is allowed at any time.
- Dogs must be kept inside when elk or deer are on the property.
- Dogs must be registered at check-in.
- There will be a non-refundable charge of $15 per dog, per night, with a maximum of two dogs allowed per unit.
Select an Estes Park, Colorado Lodging Location.