Estes Park, Colorado Lodging & Resort Policies
If you can’t find what you’re looking for on our website, call us for current availability.
All Rocky Mountain Resorts reservations are secured after receiving a Rental Agreement and a deposit of 50%. The Rental Agreement is sent by email when a booking is made and it is a simple e-form. Allow 30 minutes for your Rental Agreement to arrive. (The email will be sent from ‘email@example.com.’ – check your spam folder.) The balance is due 14 days before arrival and that payment is automatic – no action is required on the part of the guest. We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, and Discover cards.
Check-in starts at 4:00 p.m. at all of our locations. Check-out time is 10:00 a.m.
To provide the lowest rates possible, and for your comfort, there are no provisions for daily housekeeping. Towels and linens may be exchanged during office hours anytime throughout your stay at the front desk. Soaps, paper products and other amenities may be restocked at the front desk at no charge.
CHANGES TO A BOOKING:
Change or cancellation requests may be made by submitting a change form on this website (click here to access the form). Cancellations will be processed according to our cancellation policy as described below.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
Cancellation of booking at any time after you submit your rental agreement is subject our cancellation policy as follows:
- Cancellation of booking within the 14-day period prior to check-in will result in forfeiture of the entire rental amount.
- Cancellation of booking between 14 and 30 days prior to check-in will result in forfeiture of the rental deposit, or 50% of the rental amount, whichever is higher.
- Cancellation of booking more than 30 days prior to check-in will incur a cancellation fee of $25.00 for units that sleep less than six people or $50.00 for units that sleep six or more people.
- Changes to reservation dates, reducing the number of days of a reservation, or requests to change to a smaller unit are considered a cancellation of reservation and may be subject to our cancellation policy described above. All requests for changes are reviewed by a manager and will receive prompt attention.
Refund of monies paid for rental and services will be made under the following circumstances: (1) If, on the day that the rental is scheduled to begin, the property is unfit for habitation and no equivalent substitute can be obtained, or the property is not reachable by the usual means of transportation, or access to the property by visitors has been prohibited by authorities; or (2) The unit is re-booked for the same time period and at the same rate of initial booking. If a portion of the rental time is re-booked, a pro-rata refund will be made. All refunds, whether in whole or pro-rata, will be subject to a fee of $25.00 for units that sleep less than six people or $50.00 for units that sleep six or more people. To protect against cancellations caused by certain unforeseen events, such as illness, death, natural disasters, etc., we recommend that guests purchase third-party trip cancellation insurance.
TEXT MESSAGE COMMUNICATION:
By booking a unit and submitting a rental agreement, you consent to receive informational messages (such as reservation confirmations and access codes) from Rocky Mountain Resorts originating from 970.591.7890, including automated text messages. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Reply STOP to unsubscribe.
Fawn Valley Inn is a non-smoking property. Smoking is not permitted in any unit or anywhere on the property of Fawn Valley Inn. At all other properties, smoking is not permitted in any unit. Smoking of tobacco is permitted outdoors and away from adjoining doors and windows. In accordance with Estes Park law, it is unlawful to openly display, consume or use marijuana anywhere on our properties. Smoking in any unit will result in a unit recovery fee which is a minimum charge of $250.00.
Winter – Most units have fireplaces … either gas or wood … in addition to baseboard heaters, electric wall heaters or central heating. Daytime high temperatures average 40° in December, January and February.
Summer – Most resort properties in Estes Park do not have air conditioning. Our nights are cool even during the warmest days. All units are equipped with fans and cool down quickly with open windows and our fresh mountain breeze.
Estes Park has a cool but pleasant climate tempered by its altitude and location on the east slope of the Front Range. The low humidity also helps keep the environment feeling cool. During most of the winter the daytime temperature is above freezing, and snow usually melts within a couple of days.
Hot Tub Policy
Many units at Rocky Mountain Resorts have personal-use hot tubs. Please review our hot tub policy for maximum safety and enjoyment:
- Hot tubs are not recommended for children under 12, persons with heart disease or other cardiovascular conditions, diabetes, high blood pressure, or pregnant women. Anyone taking medications should consult their physician before soaking in a hot tub. For your safety, limit your hot tub use to no more than 20 minutes at a time. Excessive drinking of alcohol at high altitudes while using a hot tub can be hazardous to your health.
- Children under 16 years old are not permitted to use the hot tub unless accompanied by an adult. The adult must be in the hot tub with the child. The hot tub is not to be used as a play area.
- Extended use for periods of greater than 45 minutes may lead to overheating which will cause the hot tub to shut down or not work properly.
- Put the cover on, and turn the jets off, when the hot tub is not being used. This keeps the water warm and debris out. Hot tub covers are very costly. Do not walk on, sit on, or abuse them.
- Your hot tub is for your exclusive use, but it is not secluded. Therefore, it is required that you wear appropriate swimwear when using your hot tub.
- Always shower before and after use of the hot tub to minimize health risks and keep the hot tub clean for everyone’s enjoyment. The hot tub is not a bath tub.
- Do not add anything to the water such as bubble bath, shampoo, body lotions, oils, floating candles, etc.
- Glass containers and candles are not permitted in or around the hot tub area.
- Your hot tub will be checked each day between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. as part of our daily hot tub maintenance.
Lazy R Cottages, Timber Creek Chalets, Sunnyside Knoll Resort and Triple R Cottages have designated dog-friendly units (no other pets are permitted). If you are going to bring your dog with you on vacation, please review our dog policy for maximum enjoyment for you, your dog, and our other guests:
- Dogs are not allowed on properties that do not have dog-friendly units.
- Dogs are only allowed in units specifically designated as dog-friendly.
- Only mature (at least one year old), well-trained, reliable, house-broken dogs are accepted. No other pets are allowed.
- Owners must immediately notify the office if their dog has an “accident” (urine, feces, vomit). Prompt cleaning minimizes damage.
- Any dog left unsupervised in a cabin must be kept in a kennel. Dogs may not be tied up or chained outside the cabin.
- Estes Park leash law requires that all dogs must be kept on a leash at all times when outside, and be accompanied by the owner.
- Owners must clean up after their dog. Waste bags are provided at the front desk.
- Owners whose dogs like to climb or sleep on furniture must bring and use their own couch or chair cover.
- No barking, howling, or whining is allowed at any time.
- Dogs must be kept inside when elk or deer are on the property.
- Dogs must be registered at check-in.
- There will be a non-refundable charge of $15 per dog, per night, with a maximum of two dogs allowed per unit.
Rates are quoted on a per night basis. For units that sleep more than six people, the unit rate is valid for up to six people. A charge of $15.00 per person, per night, is added when more than six people are occupying the unit (up to the maximum occupancy of the unit). Unit rates include linens, towels and an initial supply of soap, shampoo and paper goods. Units with kitchens and kitchenettes include cookware, dishes and utensils. Rates do not include daily maid service, but linens and towels may be exchanged at our office at no charge, and additional soap and paper products, if needed, are available at our office at no charge.
CONDITION OF RENTAL
The property shall be in the same condition upon departure as at check-in. Normal wear and tear excepted. Rocky Mountain Resorts staff (or designated agents) may enter the property at reasonable times to make repairs or remedy emergencies. Guest may cook in areas specifically designated for cooking. Guest must immediately notify Rocky Mountain Resorts staff of fire or other damage to property. Guest shall be liable for all acts of themselves, their family, or other persons invited onto the property. Guest may not sublet or assign this rental agreement. Guest shall be responsible to return all keys, games, DVDs (or other property issued to them) upon departure. Guest shall abide by the rental rules, resort policy, house rules of the owner, property manager, condominium association and/or the booking agent as provided to Guest. Guests shall not bring any pets onto the property without prior written permission of Rocky Mountain Resorts. Guest will not smoke indoors. For unit rentals at Fawn Valley Inn, guests will not smoke indoors or anywhere on the property. No parties shall be allowed without prior consent; additional charges may apply. No catering or outside music permitted without prior consent; additional charges may apply. Guest shall not permit any use of pool or jetted tub by unsupervised children or unauthorized guests and shall keep gates closed. Guests shall use the pool, hot tub and jetted tub at their own risk.
Under certain circumstances we may require a security deposit and you will be informed of this at time of booking. For reservations requiring a security deposit, the security deposit is required fourteen (14) days before arrival. A security deposit may be required to protect against any damages to and/or loss of items from the property and to assure payment of items charged to the Guest Account. The deposit will be held in Rocky Mountain Resort’s trust account and will be returned, minus deductions, not later than fourteen (14) days after guest departure. Rocky Mountain Resorts will give you a written statement at that time explaining any deductions. Deductions can be made for the following reasons: to repair or replace anything that is damaged or missing; to pay any and all amounts due; to replace all keys; additional cleaning expense or to clean excessive dirt (i.e. stained carpets, furniture, walls, appliances, etc.) and return the unit, and the things in it, to the condition when you moved in. If your deposit is not enough to cover all the damages and costs, you must pay the extra amount, and you authorize us to charge the credit card provided.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances shall Rocky Mountain Resorts be responsible for any loss, expense, damages, claims or injury direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise whatsoever, howsoever caused or incurred whether arising in contract or otherwise in law or equity as a result of rendering of the services or accommodations as described or substituted and including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing as a result of any delay(s), substitution(s), rescheduling(s) or change(s) in the provision of services or land accommodations by Rocky Mountain Resorts or by reason of military actions, revolution or acts of God, government agencies, or unforeseen circumstances or events, by any agents, owners, employees, subcontractors, servants or services as substituted; Rocky Mountain Resorts, at all times will act in good faith and use its best efforts to substitute with accommodations or services of a type as comparable as possible to those contracted. Rocky Mountain Resorts will not be liable under any circumstances, including substitutions, to refund any unused portion of booked accommodations or services. Some activities in which guests engage are especially dangerous and include hiking, biking, boating, skiing, sledding, animal watching, swimming, golfing, and mountain climbing. This list is not all-inclusive, but indicates some of the hazards of vacationing in Colorado. Guests may also encounter the following risks: slippery floors and stairs, especially when wet, patios with spaces between rails (dangerous for little children), precipitous drop-offs on mountain roads, unfenced pools, faulty electrical or plumbing systems, gas BBQ grills, clean/clear sliding glass doors, and dangerous stairs or pathways. Therefore, each guest agrees that he/she is voluntarily participating in any and all activities, risks, and use of the accommodations, and hereby assumes all risk of injury, illness, damage or loss to person and property that might result, including, without limitation, any loss or theft of personal property. By booking this unit, you acknowledge that in all events and circumstances, Rocky Mountain Resorts, its officers and employees shall not be liable. Rocky Mountain Resorts reserves the right to cancel or rescind any rental agreement if it is found that the Guests are conducting unlawful activities, not abiding by the published resort policies, disturbing others by playing loud music, percussion, audio or instruments, or cause any loud or offensive noises, have made any misrepresentations about the nature or size of the group or use of the group or the use of the property or any other misrepresentations or any other way in breach of the rental agreement.
HOLDOVER, ABANDONED POSSESSIONS AND SERVICE OF NOTICES
If you stay in the unit, without written permission, after the Rental Agreement has ended, you will be a holdover tenant and may be liable for twice rent under the Rental Agreement on a prorated daily basis for each day you are a holdover tenant. If you leave any personal property, which we determine to be of value, we must contact you by mailing a notice. After 20 days, if you do not respond, we may advertise the items for sale or donate them to a charitable organization. If we have to give any notice to you, we can serve it to any occupant. By serving one of you, we have given notice to all of you. If we cannot deliver a notice to you, we may post the notice in a conspicuous place in or on the unit.
You understand that our insurance does not cover your belongings or damage that you cause. You agree that we are not responsible for any loss or damage during the term of the rental agreement. You agree to carry insurance covering all of your personal property located in the unit or bear full responsibility for its damage including damage from fire, water, theft, or any cause. Management is not responsible for any personal property left in the unit upon departure.
Select an Estes Park, Colorado Lodging Location.