Deciding on where you host your wedding is a big decision but if you want a beautiful mountain backdrop, look no further than Estes Park, Colorado.
At 7,522 feet above sea level, you can expect spectacular views for your wedding guests as well as photographs of the big day that would make any wedding planner jump at the opportunity to help coordinate your ceremony.
Vow to say good-bye to stressful wedding planning and use these five tips to plan the summer wedding of your dreams:
- Pick a destination that represents you as a couple. Colorful Colorado has a variety of terrains to choose from, do you want a mountainous backdrop or a wooded backdrop? Keep in mind your guest list and size of the ceremony as this will help you select a location that suits your needs.
- Be prepared! Though Colorado weather in the summer is generally warm and mild, you don’t want to be caught in the middle of a thunderstorm right out in the open. Plan for all scenarios and weather ahead of time by having umbrellas ready or fans for guests if the weather is a touch warmer than expected.
- Set a budget. Talk with a wedding planner early or do your online research to figure out costs for the ceremony, marriage license, and fees for local vendors such as the florist, caterer, photographer, and wedding cake.
- Take advantage of a destination location. Create guides for your guests of local activities, restaurants, and entertainment for them to enjoy before they join you for the ceremony.
- Plan out your photos in advance. Scope out the ceremony and reception location with your photographer prior to your wedding day to discuss what images you specifically want and who you want in them.
Relax, take a deep breath and start thinking about where you want to exchange your vows with the person of your dreams.
Want to learn more about planning your summer Colorado wedding? Contact Laura, our group coordinator, at 800-476-6293 to learn more about coordination services, ceremony locations, or our elopement package.