With recent COVID-19 restrictions and closures over the past year, Rocky Mountain National Park has moved to a timed entry system to help adhere to guidelines and for the safety of visitors. If you plan on visiting during your trip to Estes Park, here is everything you need to know about the timed entry at Rocky Mountain National Park.
When are reservations required?
Reservations are required to enter Rocky Mountain National Park from May 28 through October 11.
Reserving a Timed Entry Permit Reservation Online
Entry Reservation Tickets are available online at www.recreation.gov or:
- Call the Reservation Line: 877-444-6777
- Reservation International: 606-515-6777
- Reservation Line (TDD) 877-833-6777
- or by using the recreation.gov mobile app (iOS/Android).
*Reservations are not available at park entrance stations or park offices.
Times and Locations Requiring a Timed Entry Permit Reservation
There are two types of reservations available.
One permit will be for the Bear Lake Road, which will include the entire corridor and access to the rest of the park.
- This reservation period will be from 5 a.m. (MDT) to 6 p.m. (MDT).
- Reservations are not required on the Bear Lake Road before 5:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m.
The second permit will be for the remainder of Rocky Mountain National Park, excluding the Bear Lake Road corridor.
- This reservation will be from 9 a.m. (MDT) to 3 p.m. (MDT).
- Reservations are not required for this area prior to 9:00 a.m. or after 3:00 p.m.
- Permits issued using the reservation system will allow park visitors to enter the park within two-hour windows of availability.
- The reservation system will apply to all areas of the park.
How far in advance do I need to make my reservation?
On the first of every month, May through October, reservations are available for the current and following month. The park expects reservations to sell out quickly, so always be sure to plan in advance.
What is my entry window?
You have a two-hour entry window to access the park. You can exit and re-enter the park as often as you need for the rest of the day once you have entered.
Stay at Rocky Mountain Resorts
After visiting Rocky Mountain National Park, find your home away from home at Rocky Mountain Resorts. We offer a variety of accommodations; from cabins and cottages to larger vacation homes. Combined with our affordable prices and our proximity to the town of Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, we are a great choice for exploring the town and the Rocky Mountains!