Estes Park has plenty to be thankful for this year. It’s been more than a year since our flood and the damage that followed and we’re still Colorado Strong. We’d also like to take the time to thank our guests, both returning and new, for visiting our beautiful town and helping Estes Park get back on its feet this year.
We’re also thankful for the fun activities and festivities happening in Estes Park this November! If you’re thankful for your upcoming vacation but need ideas of things to keep the rest of the family occupied, we’ve compiled a few ideas below.
Even though our Estes Park cabins and condos have fully-equipped kitchens, we understand the need to get out of the kitchen and let someone else handle the cooking, so if you’re heading out for your Thanksgiving meal, these restaurants have you covered:
- The Other Side Restaurant, 900 Moraine Ave., has a Thanksgiving buffet, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., full of traditional favorites and new creations. From oven roasted turkey to maple pecan glazed wild salmon, everyone can find something on the menu to indulge on! The price for adults is $33.50 and children ages 8 – 15 is $14.95.
- The Stanley Hotel, 333 East Wonderview Ave., is also having a Thanksgiving feast, starting at 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. A delicious buffet spread is available in the ballroom and even includes a take home fresh baked pumpkin pie! Reservations are required and the cost is $62 per adult and $29 for children ages 5 – 12.
- After you’ve stuffed yourself silly on Thursday, the real magic begins on Friday, Nov. 28 for the Catch the Glow Christmas Parade & Celebration! Enjoy free hayrides or get a jump start on presents by telling Santa Claus your wish list. Daytime activities start at noon and the parade begins at 5:30 p.m. If you love the most wonderful time of the year, you won’t want to miss this weekend-long event.
- Or, if you’re coming prior to Thanksgiving, be sure to check out the Estes Park Holiday Market! This year the event is at the Estes Park Conference Center at Rocky Mountain Park Inn, 101 Saint Vrain Ave., from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22 and 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 23. This free event is a treasure trove for early Christmas shoppers. You may also participate in the silent auction benefitting Mountain Strong for Nonprofits.
- Estes Park is also celebrating Rocky Mountain National Park’s Centennial! Each month, there are a variety of ongoing activities and events to celebrate 100 years of our National Park! Check out the list of November activities in the park, many that are free and family-friendly.
Again, thank you to our guests that have included us in many happy memories this past year and we can’t wait to kick off the holiday season! Have a wonderful holiday!