The town of Estes Park is happy to announce the reopening of Rocky Mountain National Park on May 27th. While operations and services will be much different this year, there are still ways in which to enjoy the park’s beauty.
Part of the phased re-opening will include a timed entry permit or camping reservation to enter the park between the hours of 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. It will also include camping at Moraine Park and Glacier Basin campgrounds at 50% capacity.
Additionally, the Bear Lake Road corridor shuttle will start to run on May 27th, but with a reduced capacity. It is still yet to be determined if the Hiker shuttle from the Estes Park Visitor Center will re-open this summer or not.
For the most up to date information regarding the reopening of Rocky Mountain National Park, visit their website.
Things to do in Rocky Mountain National Park
Start planning your trip to Rocky Mountain National Park with our helpful guides below:
- Top Picture-worthy Spots in Rocky Mountain National Park – bring your camera and snap a few photos of some of the most photographed spots in Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Tips for Photographing Wildlife in Rocky Mountain National Park – keep your camera in hand and discover the best tips for capturing the park’s wildlife.
- Scenic Drives in Rocky Mountain National Park – give your legs a break and take one of these scenic drives that are sure to take your breath away as well.
- Easy Waterfall Hikes in Rocky Mountain National Park – cool off this summer with one of these easy waterfall hikes that are sure to leave you feeling refreshed.
- Best Wildflower Hikes in Rocky Mountain National Park – discover colorful wildflowers with these top-rated hikes.
- 8 Challenging Hikes in Rocky Mountain National Park – challenge yourself with these difficult hikes that are sure to get your heart racing.
Read here for more things to do in Estes Park while social distancing.
Stay at Rocky Mountain Resorts
We at Rocky Mountain Resorts are committed to helping you stay safe and healthy. Plus, with our hassle-free cancellation policy, you will have peace of mind when booking your accommodations with us.
Find out more here about the steps we have taken to ensure a safe and healthy vacation to Estes Park and how you can take advantage of a risk-free reservation today.