Planning a romantic couples retreat to Estes Park? With so many romantic activities in Estes Park to help make your stay special, we compiled a list of our top Estes Park date activities that are sure to add a little spark!
- Grab a boxed lunch at Donut Haus for a romantic picnic and take a stroll through Rocky Mountain National Park for a special day with the one you love.
- What is more romantic than an evening spent under the full moon? Grab your skis, snowshoes or hiking boots, depending on the season, and head outside for a guided moonlit outing under the stars.
- Spend a leisurely afternoon taking a scenic drive through the beautiful landscape of the Rocky Mountains. See sweeping views of jagged peaks, alpine tundra, and mountain wildlife, for views that are unforgettable.
- Get up early to watch the sunrise in Rocky Mountain National Park. Head to Sprague Lake for one of the best spots to watch the sun glow rise over the mountains.
- Wine and dine your special someone with a romantic steak dinner at Twin Owls Steakhouse. Nestled in a rustic lodge with breathtaking views of the mountains, this restaurant comes complete with a fireplace, making this one of the best places to enjoy a good meal and cozy up with the one you love.
- Don’t be scared … cuddle up with your loved one and take a ghost tour at the historic Stanley Hotel.
- Unwind with your special someone and enjoy some rest and relaxation with a couples massage at Riverpoint Spa. Most spa services are available for a couple’s massage, including body wraps and scrubs, facials, and massages.
- Impress your special someone with dinner at The View Lodge. Nestled in the heart of Estes Park, this restaurant offers some of the best views in town. And with their award-winning chef, your dining experience is sure to be one you will never forget.
- Enjoy a glass of wine at Snowy Peaks Winery. Visit this award-winning winery and sip on a glass of wine while selecting food pairings from their many different options, such as local jellies, chocolates, cheeses, and so much more.
- Treat your special someone to a day of shopping in downtown Estes Park. Pamper them with unique gifts from local art galleries, fine jewelry shops and so much more.
- What’s more romantic than a waterfall in the middle of the wilderness? This 20 ft. waterfall hidden away in Rocky Mountain National Park is a great destination hike for a day outing. Whether it is summer or winter a hike to Bridal Veil Falls is a must.
- Escape the sometimes crowded streets of downtown Estes Park and head up the short trail to Birch Ruins. This spot offers a birds-eye view of the main street and creates the perfect spot to watch the sunset behind the Continental Divide.
- Take advantage of the picturesque scenery of the Rockies and hire an Estes Park photographer for a special photo-shoot. Who says you need a special occasion to snap a few photos with the one you love?
- Satisfy your special someone’s sweet-tooth and stop in at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Choose from their variety of fudge, truffles, brownies, and more for a truly “sweet” experience.
Stay at Rocky Mountain Resorts
Complete your weekend for two with these romantic activities in Estes Park and a stay in one of our cozy cabins at Rocky Mountain Resorts. Nestled between the town of Estes Park and RMNP, our cabins make the perfect getaway for a romantic weekend in the mountains.